Zymurgorium is a meadery, gin distilery based in Greater Manchester. It was founded by Aaron Darke, who calls himself “Zymurgorium Proprietor and Big Cheese”. He claims to have got the idea after brewing a lot for people at university and that he forages for his ingredients himself.
The meadery takes its name from Zymurgy — the branch of chemistry concerned with brewing and fermentation — and Emporium.
In addition to mead, they make a substantial number of other drinks:
- Zymurgorium Extra Io’s Footsteps Sweet Violet Gin Liqueur
- The Original Marmalade-of-Manchester Gin
- Zymurgorium Quince & Jamaican Ginger Gin Liqueur
- The Original Manchester Gin
- Zymurgorium Strawberry & A Trio Of Mint Gin Liqueur
- Zymurgorium Extra Gooseberry Gin Liqueur
- The Original Manchester Absinthe
- Zymurgorium Pink Grapefruit Gin Liqueur
- Zymurgorium Extra Rhubarb & Cranberry Gin Liqueur
- The Original Manchester Vodka
- The Original Manchester Sloe Gin
- Zymurgorium Superior Sweet Mead
- Zymurgorium & Northern Monk Cahokia
- Zymurgorium Turkish Delight Gin Liqueur
- Zymurgorium Crème of Hebridean Raspberry
- Zymurgorium Mandarin Dynasty Gin 42.5%
- Zymurgorium & Northern Monk Infirmarian
So, Manchester’s “first and presently only craft distillery” is worth a try as the meads they produce are very interesting in character and they explore flavours you don’t tend to find in other meads.
Meads we have found: